52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Friday, January 12, 2007

we don't need anything or anyone...

Should I be insulted that Blogger has been trying to get me to convert to a Google account for ages, and when I finally hit on the button to make the switch, it rejects me? Bloody charming.

*sighs*

Anyway. Deep breath. Evening all. The long haul through the first full week of the New Year is finally over. The weekend is here, people... it has landed. I don't know about you, but I think I'm mostly going to be sleeping.

To the business in hand then. I am delighted to welcome back into this humble Friday slot, the first ever Guest Editor.... Way back on 29th April 2005, this man gave us a rundown of his internal jukebox, a list topped by British Sea Power, of all people. Well, he's back, and he's still got Muse going round his head.

Ladies and Gentleworms, without further ado, it is my great pleasure to present for your Earworming pleasure.......

Earworms of the Week - Guest Editor #54 - Flash from FLASHPOINT

Greetings....

Ah, it's nice to be back. I find this a very difficult time of year musically, there's very little that's new & fresh. Not that bonce isn't full of tuneage, as always.

Such as this little lot...

10- Knights of Cydonia - Muse

C..cc..cant..stop...listening!

[watch it]

9. Fat Children - Jarvis Cocker

I'm the sort of looney that will try to find the ideal song to fit my 3-4 minute drive home from work. This has been on "constant rotation" in that slot because it's ruddy great. Good old Jarvis.

[watch it]

8. Pierrot the Clown- Placebo

I still find myself going back to last year's "Meds" album a lot. And I often start with this bleakly soft little ditty. It's tugs at me, y'know? It also conjures images of the time I spent in Lyon, which is a very welcome side effect.

[watch it]

7. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

It should come with an earworm warning on it, this bugger should.

[watch it]

6. Old Macdonald Had A Farm

One of my colleagues has been singing this all bloody week & I've found my self following suit. Apparently his 18th month old son has just mastered the Eee I Eee I Oh bit. Aaaw.

[watch it]

5. Oh I am so ashamed of myself for not knowing the title of this - Alabama 3

One of the presents I got my girlfriend for christmas was a box set of the first season of The Soprano's. I've never previously seen the show but had heard lots of good things about so I've taken the plunge. What a cracking show, I'm watching it all the time! This theme song being in my head is a result of that.

[watch it - it's called 'woke up this morning']

4. Monster - The Automatic

Along with the aforementioned "Knighs of Cydonia", my Son loves this & gets me playing them all the time.

[watch it]

3. Dakota - Stereophonics

It's my ringtone for my girlfriend. *Blushing*

[watch it]

2. Sophie's Shoes - Gnu Cnu

Blatant self promotion? Maybe, but this is a true, genuine earworm. I've been recording this song all week long & it has totally & utterly taken over my brain! (If I was honest it would be number 1, but that would just not be cricket).

[you got a video for this mate?]

1. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Almost subconsciously this has wormed it's way into the musical centre of my short term memory. It's everywhere but in addition to that it's been the alarm clock this week, so has been implanted in my head from the very second I wake. Happily it often reminds me of being in Virgin megastore, Times Square (buying a thank you gift for Hyde) when it came on.

[watch it]

And that's me lot.

Thanks ST for having me back again. Always a pleasure, never a chore.

Cheerio.

----

Cheerio mate. Let's hope the pixies don't keep you away for long, eh! Looking forward to that new Gnu Cnu (god, that's a mouthful) album. When is it hitting the shops?

Now, if you'll excuse me, we have Hen and Bargs coming round for tea in a tick... so I'd best go and freshen up. We're having sausages! I'm a bit unsettled, to be honest, as I usually have sausages on a Thursday night, and I don't really like change, but on this occasion I'm sure it will all work out okay.


Next Week: Ka (I hope...)
Forthcoming attractions: Suburban Hen

[Previous Guest Editors: Flash, The Urban Fox, Lord Bargain, Retro-Boy, Statue John, Ben, OLS, Ka, Jenni, Aravis, Yoko, Bee, Charlie, Tom, Di, Spin, The Ultimate Olympian, Damo, Mike, RedOne, The NumNum, Leah, Le Moine Perdu, clm, Michael, Hyde, Adem, Alecya, bytheseashore, adamant, Earworms of the Year 2005, Delrico Bandito, Graham, Lithaborn, Phil, Mark II, Stef, Kaptain Kobold, bedshaped, I have ordinary addictions, TheCatGirlSpeaks, Lord B rides again, Tina, Charlie II, Cody Bones, Poll Star, Jenni II, Martin, Del II, The Eye in the Sky, RussL, Lizzy's Hoax, Ben II, Earworms of the Year 2006, Sarah]

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:03 pm, Blogger Cat said…

    Weirdly, I couldn't do the switch either. Stupid Blogger.

    But nice Earworms - good work, Mr Flash.

     
  • At 11:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! You're rejected! My high quality blog was accepted for transformation!

     
  • At 2:22 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Flash, I'm with ST on that question-- when do we get the new Gnu Cnu?

    :)

    h

    PS: ST-- I haven't switched yet either...

     
  • At 3:42 pm, Blogger Samantha said…

    The Sopranos theme song is "Woke Up This Morning" by A3, although it is often mistakenly credited to Leonard Cohen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home